We offer IBEW 520 members and their families reduced pricing for new and used laptops and computers. We also provide recommendations for home printer and networking equipment.
Our used computers are 30-40% cheaper than a brand new computer.
All IBEW 520 members and their families will receive the following discounts:
- USED computers will receive a 7% discount.
- NEW computers will receive a 4% discount.
To receive your discount at checkout, please use code: IBEW520
PLEASE NOTE: Your discount does not show up until you enter this coupon code.
To save you additional money, we also offer the following:
- Pickup your computer in person at either a north or south location to save shipping/handling fees of $25.
- Pickup your computer in person to save $25 and if you also pay cash, we will give you an additional 2% discount on the price of the computer, which offsets our credit card fees.
We will also have periodic specials on printers and networking equipment and will send out these specials via email.
We have found over the past 15+ years that consumer-class equipment has more problems and does not hold up as well as business-class equipment. As such, all of our new and used computers are Dell Business-Class equipment. Some of the essential advantages of Business-Class equipment, especially as they pertain to laptops are:
- Built to Last - designed with a sturdier chassis that can take more bumps without suffering damage.
- Anti-glare Displays - unlike Consumer-Class equipment with a shiny display that can show your reflection - Business-Class laptop screens are matte/anti-glare and allow for better viewing angles and are less stressful on your eyes.
- Better Keyboards - whether a wired keyboard for a PC or the keyboard in the laptop - the business-class editions of each are superior to their consumer counterparts in how they feel and respond to your typing.
- Replaceable Batteries - where-as all of our used business-class laptops have replaceable batteries - most of the consumer-class laptops now have sealed batteries that require replacement at a service center - which can sometimes require mailing in your laptop for service.
- Longer Life-Spans/Parts Availability - computer vendors build their business-class equipment to be in service for 7-8 years or more and parts are generally available for at least this long, whereas consumer-class equipment is not built to be as durable, nor are parts as generally available.
- Reasonably Priced - the cost difference between business-class and consumer-class is often less than $200, but the business-class equipment has better features and will outlast the consumer equipment.
All our used Dell computers/laptops are equipment that was leased to businesses, who then turn them in at the end of the lease term. All used computers are fully tested and every one of them is upgraded with a brand new solid state hard drive - and all used laptops also include a brand new battery. We also provide a 1-year warranty on parts/labor.
Unlike a traditional mechanical hard drive, the solid state drive (SSD) has no moving parts, which means that there is no noise or vibration and very little heat produced by the SSD. Most importantly, a SSD is several times faster than a traditional hard drive. SSD’s use NAND flash memory technology – the same technology that makes tablets and smartphones so fast. This allows us to take a used laptop and make it as fast, or faster, than a brand new laptop that is using a traditional hard drive – but at 30-40% less than the cost of a brand new laptop.
Every used laptop comes with the following:
• Windows 7 Pro
• Intel Core i5 2.4Ghz or greater CPU
• 4GB Memory (upgradeable to 8GB)
• Brand New 250GB SSD Hard Drive (upgradeable to 1TB SSD)
• DVD-RW Drive
• 14.1 Inch Display
• VGA Video Output
• 3x USB 2.0 Ports
• 802.11b/g Integrated WiFi
• Brand New 60W Battery
• 1 year subscription - *Webroot Enterprise Antivirus ($30 value)
• LibreOffice - word processor, spreadsheet and presentation software
• Adobe Reader/Flash software
• **iDrive Backup software - Free 5GB cloud storage (upgradeable)
• 1-year Warranty for Parts/Labor
- We can upgrade the laptop with a larger SSD hard drive or additional RAM (up to 8GB).
- *Webroot antivirus software can be renewed for $30 after year 1.
- **iDrive software comes with 5GB of free storage. Current pricing is $69.50/year for 1TB of storage to ensure that all of your documents, pictures and music are protected.
All available laptops and upgrade options are on the Used Laptop page.
COMING SOON :
All new Dell computers are business-class units and come with a 3 year warranty. New computers come with a traditional hard drive instead of a SSD to minimize the cost of the computer. If you prefer a SSD because you will be using the computer for gaming, Photoshop or CAD drawings, we can upgrade the hard drive for you.
All available computers and upgrade options will be on the New Computer page.